Saturday, May 25, 2019

Demonstration Drawings

I asked a second grader to name the character for me.
Some of my most expressive work seems to happen when I'm lecturing and demonstrating techniques (as I've shown before).
a demo for kids at PS 372

Lessons I give in my Cartooning Basics course are usually, ahem, tested on children first. If kids can master an art concept, adults probably can too.

Whiteboard sketch done at Parsons Pre-College Academy
A similar lesson at SVA

This was to demonstrate ink wash.
This too.

 As you see below, many of the lectures veer well beyond the basics and into fairly esoteric territory.

a demo on the Lexicon of Comicana

Comic strip structure and cartooning from display letters

#8 in a series of Daredoodle warmup exercises 

Adult classes start next week at SVA. Sign up asap.
I'll also be teaching kids grades 5-8 at Hootenanny Art Annex in July and grades 3-5 at Parsons in August, and I'm available for lessons and such:





of course you would.

No comments: