Saturday, October 16, 2010

NYCC sketches

The bigger the New York Comic Con gets, the less it seems to offer a minicomic fan like me. I was grateful for the small amount of quality programming I found in the time I spent there:


J. J. Sedelmaier hosted this panel on political cartooning, featuring Mike Lester, Ann Telnaes, and Steve Brodner. The level of draftsmanship of these artists really blew me away.


This panel on indie comics, "Indie Cred," was moderated by Chris Radke and featured cartoonists Alex Robinson, Jason Little, Julia Wertz, and Mike Dawson.

Don Oriolo and Craig Yoe discussed new collections of Felix the Cat comics and Dick Briefer's Frankenstein.


And here's an academic author from Brazil, Fabio Luiz Carneiro Mourilhe Silva, discussing comic adaptations of the stories of Poe.

No comments: