Monday, August 27, 2012

From the Archive: A Happy End, 1990

This is one of the pieces I highlighted (highlit?) when I spoke recently at the Picture Story Symposium. It's an anti-"choose-your-own-adventure." You're told to read it one way, but if you ignore the instructions and read it like a normal comic, you'll see what's really going on.

As I said at the symposium, I consider it a powerful rhetorical device to put panels on a page and then direct the reader not to look at them.



































This ran in Boing Boing, back when it was still a magazine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this seem very interesting... can any one explain this to me more?...

cartooniologist.blogspot.com said...

What more would you like to know?

Flat Roofing Contractors Town 'n' Country said...

Hi great reeading your blog

Flat Roofing Contractors Town 'n' Country said...

Great blog yyou have