Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Classes, News



This Tuesday, I'll be presenting slide shows about my upcoming classes, Cartooning Basics and Inking Comics, at the SVA Cartooning and Illustration Information Session.

Come hear me rant about line sensitivity, composition-driven distortion, temporal cubism, and other crackpot ideas. 6:30-8:30 pm, Tues. Jan. 11, 209 East 23rd Street, room 311, 3rd floor. Free!

In other news, my dear friend Jason Little was kind enough to drop my name on the Comic Book Resources site (scroll way, way down). Asked about overlooked cartoonists, Jason sez, "
T. Motley immigrated from Boulder to New York a few years ago, and brought his brilliant formal playground 'Tragic Strip' to The Brooklyn Rail. It’s worth subscribing to this paper for Tom’s comics alone. Read more at tmotley.com." Actually, I came from Denver, but Boulder's close enough. Thanks bro!

No comments: