Sunday, August 10, 2008

Readings and Symposia

At comic book conventions they're called "panels," but I use that word to describe the frames within a comic. So although it sounds pompous, I'm pretty sure "symposia" is the word I need.
In any case, whenever possible, I attend these discussions and other literary readings, and when I do, I like to sketch the participants. It helps me listen.

So I'm starting this here thread, wherein I share my sketches with you. I don't always catch the names of all the people, so if you recognize someone whose name I missed or got wrong, please post a comment or send me an email at mot@tmotley.com.

I wasn't sure which of these drawings to post first, but then I was saddened to learn of the recent passing of Michael Silberkleit. Here's a sketch of Mr Silberkleit and his staff at the panel "Growing Up With Archie" at the New York Comic Con last April.


Left to right are Misako Rocks!, Michael Silberkleit, Fernando Ruiz, Dan Parent, Victor Gorelick, the moderator (does anyone know his name?), Veronica, Andrew Pepoy, Barbara Slate, and Mike Pellerito. Please excuse the misspellings within my notes.

No comments: